Tel - 770-432-7155
Fax - 770-432-6874
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
|10 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
|This website and it's content is copyright of Fair Oaks Veterinary Hospital - © Fair Oaks Veterinary Hospital. 2016. All rights reserved.
|We care for your pets as if they were our own.
|2142 Austell Road, SW
Marietta, GA 30008
due to decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes
vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system, which
drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by
bruising or inflammation.
mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as
endorphins and enkephalin from the brain to the adrenal glands.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers
penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The
laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on
nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light,
damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of
new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes
wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of
angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increases the diameter of
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of
specific enzymes, greater oxygen and particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle
trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing
musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation
of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
(Scar tissue impedes movement.)
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue
can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of
nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to
optimize muscle healing.
- Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by
stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by
chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the
laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of
ATP (adenosine-triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the
energy source for all chemical reaction in cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged
tissue. Fibroblasts are building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein
required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser
Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.